Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun Times






















Well, summer is flying by. I can't believe it is half way over. Life just gets so busy.

After coming back from New Orleans, we came back to a mess. Fences down in various places, smoker and BBQ-er strewn about in the pool and out, chairs all over, lost pool toys, shingles off the roof...the list goes on. So, we had some clean up to do. Bleck!

We almost finished painting the inside of the house. No more royal blue family room and mustard colored walls in the entry. Love the new warm colors we chose, the rest of the pictures are being placed on the walls, and the last of the boxes are being unpacked. Finally, we are about done with the inside.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen cirumstances, we won't be coming to Boise this summer as we had planned. Hopefully, we will be able to swing it in September/October so we can see our new nephew after he is born in August.

New Orleans was really fun. It is amazing how much work the community has done to clean up after Hurricane Katrina. They have a lot to go, but what they have done is fabulous. We spent a lot of time on Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. It is truly beautiful. I love how they have plants and flowers all over the front entry of their houses and businesses. Anyway, we enjoyed the walking, shopping, and food. I think the Hard Rock Cafe, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and this cute li'l seafood place we went to were our favorites. Yummy!

Hope all is well. Bryan has been swamped with work, I am still teaching third grade but will be at a new school this fall, Taylor just left from visiting us, and Bryce is doing well and starting football at the end of July. We can't wait.
Signing out...

Leaving you a few pics from New Orleans...












3 comments:

Jenn said...

What a fun trip - I hope to make it one of these days, too! I'm sorry you won't be able to make your trip to Boise this summer - I know how disappointing it can be not to be able to make a trip home! How is B doing as far as healing from his surgery? Good luck to you at the new school, and good luck to your little man when he starts football! We're signing our little monkey up too - I can't wait to go watch him play!
Hugs, Kim! I miss ya!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the pics!! Sorry about you having to postpone your trip..I know how that goes! But, at least if you come in Sept./Oct. the weather will be a nice cool relief for ya :)

Hurricane season in TX sucks, huh! Well I'm glad you didn't get too much damage. The weather sure can be exciting..

When you get a chance, post pics of the inside colors..can't wait to see!

cjknick said...

New Orleans... what a great trip. Never been there and it's not even very high on my list but I'm sure I don't know what I'm missing.

I hope that when you do come it's not the end of September *hint*! At least not the last weekend... I don't want to miss you again!

Smooch!

Cindy