Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just Stuff...



Bryan had a birthday this month...Birthdays are really important to me. Everybody deserves to have a day to celebrate with family and friends and have a cake. Life is too busy to not recognize that. Anyway, Bryan thinks he is one up on me in the surprise department (go back a couple of years to my surprise birthday party where I almost had a heart attack, or my beautiful mother's ring). I thought long and hard about this and ended up tying up the score...look at pic above. Not a great picture. I was too excited for him to answer the door to greet his friend who flew up for a couple of days to celebrate. Bryan had no clue whatsoever...I rock! We had a great time with our friend, and I surprised the heck out of B.






Bryce-ism number 2...We were watching the docudrama Temple Grandin with Clare Danes, great movie by the way, and a school pops up on the TV screen.


Bryce notices the name Franklin Pierce School and says, "Hey, that was our 14th president."


Bryan and I look at him and respond, "What?" Actually, I immediately started counting the presidents in chronological order to see if he was right. I kept getting 13. However, memorizing the states, capitals, and presidents was in 5th grade...just a few years back. :-)


As it turns out, the cute boy was right. He brought down his book on presidents and confirmed it. Stinkin' kid loves history!!! Love his comments!









1 comment:

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Go, Bryce, go!

Glad the surprise worked out for Bryan!